Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Speak to Me

Sometimes in life it gets so confusing

I can’t feel your heart beat

Can’t hear your heart—I listen for the sound, the sound, the sound

Is like a sensation, a slight moderation,

Always seems this ground is moving--conversation



Leave it off the table and keep it in your hands

Deaf or just unable to really understand?



Tell me what it feels like to know that I can hear the kind of life inside your mind

Tell me something real like how I can be inclined to know what’s kept so undefined

Cause I’ve been trying to find your will for me

Or can I just listen to you breathe?  

Speak to me.



Just turn around;  Lord can you hear me?

I said can you hear me?

Silence can’t be golden when I’m broke and in need

Of some consolation; what kind of salvation

Gives you right relation with no conversation?

Leave it off the table and keep it in your hands

Deaf or just unable to really understand?





Tell me what it feels like to know that I can hear the kind of life inside your mind

Tell me something real like how I can be inclined to know what’s kept so undefined

Cause I’ve been trying to find your will for me

Or can I just listen to you breathe?  

Speak to me.



I’m changing now.  I’ve listened my whole life

But maybe it’s not right

To think your voice is coming from somewhere but inside

The Spirit is thinking the thoughts of the high King

Speaking’s thinking twice:   I have the mind of Christ



Keep it on the table and leave it in your hands

I see that now I’m able to really understand



I know what it feels like to know that I can hear the kind of life inside your mind

I know something real like how I can be inclined to know what’s not so undefined

I’m still trying to find your will for me

So I’ll just listen to you breathe and speak to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment